Thursday 17 May 2007

How Green is your Craft?


How green is your wool? I try and buy food which is organic and has low air miles, I have stopped buying new clothes but what about the things I craft with?
I have come across a very interesting article on the sew green site. A lot of the stuff I use is recycled; I search charity shops for yarn and needles and I have pulled apart jumpers for the yarn (I like the idea of making something and putting a label on it saying 'I used to be a jumper') but I think I will be trying to do more crafty recyling in the future.

the green knitted chicken

(he used to be a jumper!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I adore your little recycled chicken! :)

I try to incorporate recycling into a lot of my art as well. I'm actually making myself a dress right now (or attempting to) from an old bedspread I picked up at a thrift store.