Wednesday 21 February 2007

In the beginning

The best way to learn how to knit is to find someone to teach you. Ask around, it's amazing how many people can knit and most are all willing to help.

I learnt, like a lot of people, when I was small, we had a sponsored knit at school so my mum taught me. I wasn't very good, what was meant to be a square turned into a very lopsided dish cloth looking thing.

So I gave up and didn't try again for about 20 years.

Again my mum showed me how, I had to get her to cast on and again it was very lopsided, I lost and gained stitches. It was also very boring so I gave up again.
Until Novemeber 2005............

A friend at work showed me this wool that she had just brought from Dianne's Knitting Yarns and it was the start of my obsession.



(Sirdar - New Fizz in Garnet)